Stephen D. Nugent N.M.D., Ph.D., P.D.D., M.A., C.N.C.
- Dr. Nugent retired from one of the most successful Complementary Medicine practices in North America after more than 20 years.
- During his career he clinically tested more than 6000 nutritional products.
- He has done thousands of lectures to educate health professionals and layman all over North America, Asia and Europe about the dangers to their health from environmental toxins and new super bugs.
- He is the principal inventor of a highly successful system, which was the worlds first nutrition system specifically developed to support glycemic index dieting.He is also the principal formulator for nearly three hundred nutritional products.
Professional Contributions and Affiliations
- He is President Emeritus of the largest association for natural health care practitioners in the Western Hemisphere, the American Naturopathic Medical Association, (ANMA). The ANMA is the only association for Naturopaths, which is recognized by the World Association for Alternative Medicine.
- He is a life member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants (AANC)
- Former member of the Great Lakes College of Clinical Medicine.
- A former member of the Oklahoma Association of Naturopathic Medicine.
- A former member of the Texas Association of Naturopathic Medicine.
- He is a life member of both the University of Michigan Alumni Association and the National University Alumni Association.
- Certified by the American Naturopathic Certification Board (ANCB) as a Certified Traditional Naturopath (CTN)
Dr. Nugent began his career in health care as a nutrition consultant in 1977. He has since earned eight university degrees, (including three doctorates), graduating with honors at both the undergraduate and graduate level. While serving his country as an active duty U.S. Marine he completed his Associates, Bachelors and Masters degrees at National University San Diego and Vista, California Campuses. He not only took full time, but during some quarters, he even took double time course work, in residence at National and graduated with honors.